Please ‘white list’ my e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make sure you get information from me that is vitally important to your trading success.
AOL has a ‘Custom Sender List’ that you can specify. Make sure you are set to receive mail from All Senders:
To add a contact:
- Click the Settings link at the top of the page.
- Choose Spam Controls from the options at left.
- Under Additional Spam Filters, click Control From Whom I Get E-mail.
- A popup appears – choose the first option (Allow Mail From All Senders).
- Click the green Save button.
GMail will automatically deliver mail from a user’s Contacts list to the Inbox.
To add a contact:
- Click the Contacts link at the left side.
- Near the top of the page, click Create Contact.
- Enter a name and my e-mail address (email@example.com), and click Save.
Hotmail uses a ‘Safe List’ that you should add my email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to:
- Click the Options link on the right side of the interface.
- Choose Mail from the left side of the Options page.
- Click Junk E-Mail Protection.
- Click Safe List.
- Type my e-mail address (email@example.com) into the box, and click Add.
By default, Thunderbird will not mark my messages as junk, if I am in your subscriber’s Address book.
If you are a Thunderbird user, check your settings at Tools > Junk Mail Controls.
To add me to your address book, create a New Address Book Card under File > New…
Windows Live Hotmail
Windows Live Hotmail works much like the old Hotmail:
- Click the Options link at right, and choose More Options from the dropdown.
- Choose Allowed and Blocked Senders.
- Click Allowed Senders.
- Type the sender’s e-mail address, and click Add to List.
Yahoo Mail (Old Version)
If you are a Yahoo user, create a filter to direct all messages from me to the Inbox. To do this:
- Click on the Options link on the right side of the page.
- Click the Filters link that appears to the right.
- Click the Add link.
- To the right of the From Contains line, enter my e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org), and click Add Filter.
Yahoo Mail (New Version)
If you are a user of the new Yahoo Mail, you should also create a filter.
Yahoo currently redirects you to the old Yahoo Mail interface to set up the filter but, in the future, should integrate the Add Filter page directly into the new interface.